HijriDate

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I love it when a plan comes together

Was up at 5 today to do planning. I've reverted to doing them all in the morning the ideas just flow so much more better and by the time I get to school I’m fully awake. This however also means that the most of the planning is in my head. I do have some stuff typed up but not on the official 'planning sheets we've been given by the uni.

We started 'sound' today. The key objective was for the children to understand that we hear sound because of an object or material vibrating. I had done a proper plan i.e. used the uni planning sheets in the morning but for some reason I don't seem to write down the actual plan just a vague overview.

Just before dinner I was told that I would have 3 other teachers in my class during science. I wasn't too worried about my written plans; no-one really reads them word for word anyway. I was going to stick to the plan in my head. I was more nervous about teaching the class whilst these other 3 teachers are there. By the time the lesson started I thought sod it! I'll use the teachers in my lesson. It's not often you can have a teacher per table so decided to make the most of it.

The lesson went brilliantly the extra teachers were impressed too. One of them commented on how confident I was.......yeah right!! Inside I was really nervous thinking they were going to turn around and say 'we weren't here for you to use us' but the kids really did benefit and that’s what matters the most at the end of the day. Besides since when did it take 3 teachers too observe a lesson?!

Tomorrow’s agenda:


The final's for the talent show. People who made it through:

'Bop to the top' boys
Belly dancing girl (who I think is too young to do some of the moves she was doing)
2 girls from my class
Skipping girl
and I can't remember the rest. The break dancing kid didn't make it fortunately...I wasn't the only teacher who thought he was hil-ari-ous! Thank god!