HijriDate

Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Ideas

I was talking to a friend earlier on about ISB after being directed to their web page I found that there are muslim scouts!

Don't worry I don't want to join the scouts I'm as the same friend said 'old' BUT what I do want to do is set up a similar thing where I live. I know the neighbourhood kids, all of them would benefit and I can spend time with them without looking like a saddo who has no friends her own age!

I've sent an email to one of the organisers applying for it along with it a string of questions about the whole organisation. Hopefully if I get the reply I want I can carry this out and make it my summer project.

I'm already planning activities and ways to go about them. I laughed at my dad's new 12 seater but now I see the many, many, MANY uses it can have. I could take them on trips, we could have picnics and instead of the kids coming over to our house/garden to talk to me individually we could do group circle time like at school! It would be such a fun way to learn about Islam.

I'm getting so excited it's scary...I need to get out more or maybe its just passion ;-) I'm sticking to the latter ;-)