HijriDate

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The dawn of a new horizon...


From what happened during placement, new ideas I had back in April and speaking to several people about the lack of activities for Muslim youth,I decided to go ahead and organise a Quran circle at my house. After all what is there to lose?

With the blessing of my Dad and the help of a dear friend I know have book of Quran stories for children and lots of ideas for activities to do with them. I plan on starting it during the summer maybe a day or 2 every week at my house. SO if you have any siblings, cousins, kids loitering around your street send them to me.

For further information email me : email add has now disappeared you were too late DOH!

Edit post: Just received this email:

.... got a phone call today from a sister whose looking for soemone local to teach mosque kids at ***** masjid in rochdale the basics about islam in english... if anyones intrested in doing this over summer (in the evenings around 5-7 for as many days as they can spare) then please InshAlah Ta'ala let me know... or if u know of any sisters that might want to volunteer for such a task..much appreciated :)

Hmmmm do I go with my own idea or jump on the band wagon of this idea? With my own idea I'll be fully responsible (which kind of scares me) and I've already planned which stories to use and what activities to do. The other one will mean that all the responsibility won't be on my shoulders which is a mega plus and there will be more kids at a mosque then in my living room. However I know there is controversy about the mosques in Rochdale. I don't understand it but I do know it exits. Would that mean children who might come to my house might not go the mosque in question? its times like these I really wish my comments section was working....