HijriDate

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Aim for the moon and if you miss at least you'll be amongst the stars. (author: i dunno)

All i've been doing for the past few days is planning, planning and more planning...only trouble is it's just getting done in my head rather then on the pc which is where I need it! Anyway last night as I got in to bed I looked at this poster above my bed...



The saying on the poster is:



This made me think of my future plans, which i started thinking about in mid-term, daily, yearly plans like my teaching one's! I didn't make a new year's resolution so i'm gonna write my thoughts from last night here...which are kinda fuzzy seeing as almost 24hours have past.

Yearly plans:

To become a better muslim by adhering to the rules on modesty. This I know is gonna be a slow process seeing as i'm so attached to clothes. So by the end of the year all jeans shall be banished from my wardrobe. This includes the one's from mango and esp. the miss sixty one's.

Mid-term:(teaching doesn't have monthly plans so i didn't plan my goals for months)

To get all the kids in my class to learn their times tables. I was helping out on the lower ability table during a maths lesson. The oral and mental starter was to write down factors. For every number that came up they had to look at the 1 times table to see if 1 was a factor of that number. I want to change this.

Daily:

To pray at school esp Asr prayer. Im in a school which the student population being mostly muslims, the staff know we pray 5 times a day so what the hell is stopping me from doing this?!! (rhetorical question)

Can't really remember the rest I thought up. Guess one is enough for each of the headings.

Oh and I learnt to include pictures properly without fiddling about for ages......just in case you hadn't noticed ;-)